I looove this simple Pasta bake because it’s a great one-dish meal. No need to make any sides, or spend any more time in the kitchen than you need to! Plus, it makes enough for both leftovers and for my husband’s lunch the next day. Two big bonuses there in my opinion!
- 2/3 box penne
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1) Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken in a greased baking dish. Pour Italian salad dressing over chicken and bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
2) While chicken is cooking, cook pasta to al dente (slightly under done) following the directions on the box. When pasta is done cooking, add it to a large sprayed casserole dish, then mix in the tomatoes and pasta sauce.
3) Add the broccoli to the boiling pasta water and blanch for about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes in a separate pan. After broccoli and mushrooms are done cooking, add them to the pasta and sauce mixture. Stir to combine.
4) When chicken is done, chop into bite sized pieces and add to pasta dish. Next, mix parmesan cheese in with the chicken and pasta. After all ingredients are well combined, top the dish with mozzarella, then bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is browned. Serves 6.