I made this side dish last night to go alongside my Slow Cooker Pot Roast. It’s a new side dish that I just kinda threw together and I’m very pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out! I used bread crumbs to top it, but I would try using cracker crumbs next time to give it a buttery, salty flavor.
- 2 large zucchini (yellow or green) sliced thin
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (or cheddar)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or crushed crackers – try out RITZ)
1) Preheat oven to 350. Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Saute zucchini and onion until onion is translucent. Season vegetables with salt and pepper to your taste while they are cooking.
2) Mix together the sour cream, shredded cheese and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Add hot vegetables to the cheese mixture. Stir well to combine all ingredients and to make the cheese melt slightly.
3) Prepare a casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray. Add the cheese and vegetable mixture to the casserole dish, spreading the mixture evenly in the dish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs or crackers over the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Serves 4.
Take a look how delicious this side dish looks with my pot roast! Click here for the pot roast recipe.