Now that I’ve got the crock pot out for the season,I must admit that I’m obsessed! This lemon garlic chicken came out so tender, juicy and shredded perfectly right under my knife. No fork needed!
When I make pasta dishes I almost always use a tomato-based sauce so this Lemon Garlic Chicken pasta dish is great change of pace from the usual in my opinion. Plus, since you’re using the slow cooker to cook the chicken, there’s very little prep time required!
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 T minced garlic
- 6T lemon juice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 box bowtie pasta
- 2T olive oil
- 1 cup of diced red pepper
- 1 cup of diced onion
1) Prepare slow cooker by spraying the inside with cooking spray. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Combine the chicken broth, 4 T lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken breasts. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until it’s easy to shred.
2) Cook pasta according to directions on box. Meanwhile, saute peppers and onions in olive oil over medium high heat, or until onions are translucent. Turn vegetables down to low heat.
3) Prepare your lemon garlic sauce by wisking together the chicken soup, milk, 1/4 cup of the lemon garlic broth from your cooked chicken, and 2 T lemon juice. Pour sauce into pan with vegetables.
4) Pull prepared chicken from the slow cooker and shred it. Add chicken to your vegetables and sauce. Serve over pasta. Serves 4.