This chicken uses one of my new favorite things – Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter! We just moved to North Carolina from New York, and while they had Trader Joe’s in NY, I never shopped there because of the fabulous Wegmans.
Our closest Wegmans is 290 miles from here… I know that because I’m obsessed with Wegmans and not having one close was one of the hardest things about moving. That probably sounds weird, but if you’ve been to a Wegmans, or live near one, I’m sure you understand!
In NC, the next best thing to Wegmans, in my opinion, is Whole Foods because of all of their fresh selections, but their prices are very high. I only shop there on occasion as a result. Trader Joe’s on the other hand has the most reasonable prices I’ve seen down here and also has a wonderful variety of organic seasonal products that I’ve come to love over the past couple of months. I can’t say enough positive about Trader Joe’s variety of pumpkin products from this past fall. I’ve gotten pumpkin fruit bars, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin beers, and even a pumpkin there this season. Everything has been very delicious, and I can’t wait to see what new products they will have with the upcoming Christmas season!
This Pumpkin Balsamic Chicken recipe was inspired not only by Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter, but by a delicious balsamic chicken that I made for our neighbors a couple of weeks ago… I haven’t posted this recipe on my blog because I was busy getting ready for company and I forgot to take pictures of it.
Anyways, for this recipe I modified my balsamic chicken recipe by first spreading pumpkin butter over the chicken and then adding the balsamic marinade. This isn’t the prettiest dish… but it tastes good!
If you wanted to make this without the pumpkin butter, you could. I promise it’s SO good either way. One other note. You could use Trader Joe’s Honey Apple butter in place of the pumpkin butter if you wanted. I haven’t tried it but I’m sure it would be delicious as well.
I served this with my Veggie Stuffing Bake – this is an absolute MUST TRY if I do say so myself. Enjoy!
- 2 thawed and cleaned chicken breasts
- 2 T Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 T rosemary
- salt and pepper
1) Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then place into a baking dish prepared with cooking spray. Sprinkle rosemary over each piece of chicken. Spread 1 T of Pumpkin Butter over each chicken breast.
2) Wisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Pour marinade over the chicken, coating each breast well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour, or up to 4 hours.
3) Preheat oven to 350. Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes, or until done.