This is my new favorite side dish! While it serves 4, my husband and I ate the ENTIRE thing last night as a side with my Pumpkin Balsamic Chicken (uses Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter – yum!). It’s packed with vegetables so I don’t feel too guilty eating so much 🙂
Another perk is that this is very easy to make, which is something that I strive for in a recipe. I have a toddler running around me at all times so I can’t make anything that is too complicated or time intensive these days. It’s just not possible!
I’ve modified this recipe from Kraft’s Ratatouille Stuffing Bake recipe. I wanted to use ingredients that we like and also use things that I had on hand. We LOVE mushrooms and I had spinach in the refrigerator that I need to use up so decided to spruce up this already great recipe a bit. Enjoy!
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 10 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350. Meanwhile, sautee the pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium high heat until the onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and baby spinach. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
2) Add the stuffing mix to vegetable mixture, stir to combine. Spoon the stuffing and vegetable mixture to a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Layer the shredded cheese on top.
3) Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Then, try not to eat it ALL!